|SUN, Sept 27%%%HPP General Investigators Meeting
|MON, Sept 28%%%C-HPP (Part 1)
7:30 - 09:00 & 16:20-17:30
|TUES, Sept 29%%%C-HPP (Part 3)
Principal Investigator Council Meeting
13:15 - 14:15%%%Room 12
|Oct 1, Thursday
HPP Post-Congress Day
Venue: SFU Harbour Centre
08:30 - 16:30
(Chaired by Gil Omenn)
Progress of HPP
09:00: Overview and Metrics
09:20: C-HPP highlights
09:40: B/D-HPP highlights
10:00: PeptideAtlas/neXtProt 2015 updates
10:20: Human Protein Atlas 2015%%%10:40: JPR C-HPP 2015 SI and Highlights
11:30: Lunch break-out Sessions
C-HPP (Rm 18)
B/D-HPP (Rm 19)
13:30: Crowd-Sourcing Prot.
14:00: Testis Proteins
15:00: Membrane Proteins
16:00: Reports from Breakout Session
16:30: Plan of HPP activities
Details in Appendix 1
● Session 1: 07:30-09:00 (Chr Odd No. 1, 3, 5….21)
Session 2: 16:20-17:30 (Chr Even No. 2, 4,.22.+X, Y, Mito.)
● Poster Awards (Cash Prize and Award Certificate by HUPO President) will be given to Total 10 Best Outstanding Poster Presenters at the Closing Ceremony.
Details in Appendix 2
MON, Sept 28%%%C-HPP (Part 2)
Bioinformatics Session 13:15 - 14:15%%%Room: 12
(Chair Eric Deutsch)
● Topics: “What is sufficient evidence for publishing claims of detection of missing proteins?”
● Speakers: Eric Deutsch, Reudi Aebersold and more (details will be updated later).
(Chair: Young-Ki Paik)
● Lunch will be provided to all PIC members and invited members: C-HPP EC, SSAB, Co-PIs)
● Agenda (in part)
- Nomination/Elections of co-Chair, American Rep
- Restructuring the C-HPP groups
- Publication Issues of C-HPP Achievements
- 2016 Plans and more
WED, Sept 30%%%HPP Keynote Session
14:30 - 16:20
Two keynote talks and multiple invited oral presentations.
● Highlights of Sun-Wed HPP
● Strategies for identifying “missing proteins”/ Novel Proteins etc.
● SRM/SWATH-MS: -HPP Deliverables 2016%%%● C-HPP, Cross-Chr PL
● B/D-HPP, Popular/ priority proteins etc
● Antibody Pillar, K.D. Validation Initiative; etc.
● Proposed Crowd-Sourcing Project
● Summary and Discussion of Goals and Deliverables for 2016-2017(All, including SSAB members).
Location: SFU Harbour Centre, Joseph and Rosalie Seagal Centre, 515 West Hastings Street
Registration fee: 50 CAD/Light refreshments and lunch included.
Co-Chairs: Gil Omenn, Jennifer van Eyk & Young-Ki Paik
Selected workshop presentations from C- HPP and B/D-HPP (lightning style, 4 min + question) (chairs Jenny van Eyk & YK Paik).
Protein existence levels PE 2,3,4) and novel proteins (attributed to pseudogenes, lncRNAs, PE5 protein entries
- Lessons from multiple HPP groups and JPR manuscripts and Monday Bioinformatics Workshop (Eric Deutsch)
- Validation of claims of detecting missing and novel proteins (Alex Nesvizhskii, Juergen Cox, Jong Shin Yoo)
- Searching for and credibly identifying OR proteins (Tress, Gowda, Deutsch, Beavis)
- More stringent guidelines established by PeptideAtlas & neXtProt (Lane)
- Realization that some predicted proteins will not be detectable by mass spectrometry; should we adjust the denominator? (Corrales, Ulrike Kusebauch)
Aebersold,van Eyk, Borchers: How to assist HPP investigators and the broad community to utilize these advances from the B/D-HPP? How to improve the workflows, especially for low-abundance proteins and complex tissues?
With informal discussion
multiple presenters and active discussion
13:00 C-HPP (Paik, Hancock, Lane, He, Archakov, Chen):
Emphasis on cross-chromosome collaborations (based on the Proposed Clustering Plans discussed on Sunday Lunch Time)-examples:
- In Vitro Transcription/Translation (IVTT) platform involving Chr 5, 10, 15, 16, 19
- Membrane proteins: 4 (Taiwan), 7 (Australia/NZ), 18 (Russia), Mito (Italy); 3 and X (Japan), Chinese teams Chr 1, 8, 20; Korean teams: Chr 9, 11, 13
van Eyk, Aebersold, EC, and B/D team leaders:
- Popular proteins/priority proteins (Borchers)
- Cancer B/D (Zheng, Kinsinger)
- Selected other B/D teams
- Early Career Researchers: mentoring and manuscript competition
- Physician-scientists initiative
- New technologies: oxidation in vivo, unnatural amino acids, iPSCs/organs on a chip, Bio-banking
Lundberg, Uhlen, Snyder: tissue proteome; knock-down initiative collaborations with mass spectrometry
Domon, Moritz, Aebersold: Computational MS (conference in Germany end of August); Cross-linking and MS (new initiative)
All, including SAB members
Fletcher Room must be vacated.
In nearby room.
Click here to go the overview of C-HPP activities in HUPO 2015, Vancouver.